View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 09:23 PM   #2
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Your last question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
Inspections
I've searched and can't find out if the DMV has any modified regulations currently in force regarding vehicle inspections.

I don't think it's possible to get a car inspected without the mechanic getting in the car and touching things. When I got my oil changed last time, I had a hard time getting the mechanic to respect my request that he not get in my car and to respect social distancing. We don't have much control over that situation.

All I could find out is that the fine for driving an uninspected car is $60. Anyone know about any other consequences of just not getting your car inspected this year?

Other states have suspended inspections. New York State isn't requiring inspections for 2021 (to the best of my knowledge).

Registrations
Is it possible to register your car without going into your local town office?
I do not have comment for most of your post, but concerning your last question, in Alton you can mail your renewal registration to the town hall, attn; town clerk.

FWIW, we have dealt with our town hall in Alton and felt very comfortable. Temp and contact info is taken at the door. Makes worn, plastic barriers at work stations, easy in and out. Sanitizer going in sanitizer going out.

Dave