View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 04:28 PM   #29
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shore things View Post
There is no state level "Wetlands ruling" that would regulate this. The NH Shoreland Act (RSA 482-A) would prohibit getting closer to the water for structures closer than 50 to the water but later expansion could still be possible. The Shoreland Act was changed in either 2008 or 2009 to remove the pre-existing restrictions on expanding pre-existing primary structures upward within 50 feet of the reference line. There has been a 12 ft. limit on the height of accessory structures within 50 feet of the reference line since 1996.
Thanks for the update. So it is town rulings that justify the means. In Laconia, one project build up 3 stories on the same footprint. I know of another project that went up 3 stories on the same footprint in Gilford. Another project in Tuftonboro the owner choose to tear down the existing structure, move it back 50 feet so he can build on a bigger footprint.
The one project I know in Laconia, the property owner in the back of the new 3 story building wasn't happy as he lost direct view of the lake.

The reason why I thought it was state specific is that it happened in 3 towns that bordered Lake Winnipesaukee.