View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
Bostonian

Default Those Dastardly Witches!

Evening everyone...

Being that this is my first post on the board, I wanted to contribute with a personal story from earlier today. As a 3 year boater on Winni, I have begun to feel more comfortable with the lake in the areas I travel most frequently. With the boat out in Smith Cove, I usually travel out Meredith, Paugus Bay, the Weirs and down around Ellacoya State Park, with the occasional jaunt out to Wolfeboro and Alton bay. This year I plan to explore up in Moultonboro, but I digress.

The reason why I am posting this is to tell you my story of being a nearly Captain Bonehead today. As I was coming back from a great lunch at the Weirs, I decided to pass around by the north/north eastern side Governor's Island, when I suddenly found myself right in the southern part of the the Witches. Now luckily, I managed to stop, survey the situation and slowly make my back out to the open water... But I cannot stress how important it is to keep alert when boating and always know your surroundings... Luckily I escaped without anything happening to me. Ironically, I had friends up last weekend, and as I was giving them a tour of the lake, I pointed out to them the witches, and how many a capt. boneheads beach themselves on the rocks...

-Bostonian
Bostonian is offline   Reply With Quote