View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 03:03 PM   #114
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Hi Sue,

You will not see or experience anything different crossing between Mass and NH. There are no police, no checkpoints, or anything like that. Happy trails!
Is this the same regardless of where you travel in New England? We have a trip planned to an Airbnb in Maine immediately after Christmas (spending two nights in ME). We will leave CT Saturday, 12/26, traveling I95 through MA/NH into ME. We're trying to do the right thing by getting tested beforehand. Thing is, getting the test done within 72 hours of the day we arrive in ME seems problematic. That would require getting tested on Thursday, December 24 (if we even can on that day - Xmas eve) and hoping to get results by Saturday morning before we leave. That seems to be an iffy proposition given (1) all the other people probably trying to get tested then for the same reasons we are and (2) the fact that things could be slower due to holiday staff shortages and shutdowns. Wife says we should get tested on Monday, December 21 (to ensure that we get the tests back) but that wouldn't comply with the 72-hour rule. I guess the fall back would be that we do NOT get tested at all and simply not go anywhere when in Maine (self-quarantine). But sitting around a house isn't why we signed up to go there - - we could do that in CT.

Any suggestions? We want to do the right thing but if we can't do it perfectly, is anyone really checking?