View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 06:39 AM   #43
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
I'm moderately Liberal, and I agree 100%. I have written the same to both Senators, and both Members of Congress with that exact question, and all I get is the "chirping sound". No replies.

With wonderful Hospitals in Boston, a mere 40 miles from our border,why should 100% of the folks that sign up for the ACA be shut out of those facilities?

Now the liberal part of me pushed for, and still believes that Medicare for ALL, a true National Healthcare program was the best idea that never got off the ground.

If you are on the Anthem BCBS plan.. you can not get treatment, that will be paid for, outside of New Hampshire, in fact even some NH hospitals have been cut out of the NH ACA program completely.

Due to some serious health problems in my family, I really tried to be sure that what I just typed was in fact correct. It is, I spoke to Mass General and they confirmed that is the case. Even MGH facilities and Doctors physically located in New Hampshire can not bill Anthem BCBS ACA plans for ANY services, none, zero.

Did you know that BCBS is a non-profit company?

"According to a report by Carl McDonald of Citi Investment Research and Analysis, last year was the most profitable year in history for the Blues plans, which enjoy significant tax advantages because of their claim to be nonprofit and terrific community citizens. Collectively, the Blues reported more than $5.5 billion in net income in 2010"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wendel..._b_856207.html

It's not a political football, to be tossed around.. the reality is the ACA is seriously flawed and needs to be fixed.. not scrapped like my Tea Party friends seem to want to do.

PS.. the current plan was orginally thought up and proposed by the massive left wing wacko organization.. The Heritage Foundation

Really.. seriously take just a quick look at this website.. it is not a spoof.. the actualy proposal from the Heritage Foundation is posted on this site!

The problem is the GOP proposed the plan FIRST!, but because they hate Predident Obama they turned on their own plan!

http://americablog.com/2013/10/origi...l-mandate.html
Steve:

The ACA is a welfare system and the costs need to be paid somehow. We can argue if this is good or bad but the fact is that many more folks are being added to the healthcare rolls and this costs money. Lots of money. Liberals like to think that by taxing rich folks and squeezing the insurance companies only the wealthy will feel the pain. This is not true because of the tremendous costs associated with the ACA and as dreams meet reality we are starting to see that many average citizens are being negatively impacted (higher costs, lack of access, etc.) and in fact I think it is a good thing. Why? Simple. Many if not most Americans want something for nothing. The reality is that if the liberals want a plan like ACA they and everybody else should contribute to make it a possibility and I think this is starting to happened as evidenced by reduced care and access, etc. So ask yourself this Steve as a liberal with sick family members are you willing to sacrifice the best care (ie Boston Hospitals, etc) for your family members in exchange for access for all? I hope so because I think this is what you about to get.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to secondcurve For This Useful Post: