View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #11
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default A Travesty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmlp View Post
thanks for all your responses. obviously I'm not missing anything. going without insurance starting in 2014 is illegal and with penalties and frankly a risk I'd rather not take. that said, paying $15K in premium with a $10K deduct. is outrageous and I'm shocked the state can get away with it. not sure how we'll proceed but we'll probably be more serious about buying another home in FL sooner than later.
These changes in insurance and premiums are not just occurring in NH, they are happening across the country!

As a business owner who employs approximately 100 people here in NH and Maryland and supplies fully paid health insurance, you simply cannot believe the changes in plans and premiums that have occurred since the threat of and implementation of the "affordable health care act". Our premiums have doubled and deductibles more than tripled!

Just a few years ago (4 years), our plan was with Anthem and had $1,000.00 deductible. Every year since, premiums have had huge increases which we simply could not absorb, therefore we had to offer plans with higher deductibles to offset the cost. What we use to pay for a $1,000.00 deductible plan is now a $10,000.00

These plan and premium increases are NOT just with Anthem as we have a company who shops out our health insurance to all the major carriers for us. Some years none of the other carriers would even bid on supplying our company with insurance!

We are currently with Harvard Pilgrim and are anticipating yet another huge increase this year.

As a company, I am not sure what we are going to do except pass the additional cost on to the employees, something we have always strived not to do.

I think everyone will soon find out that the "affordable" care act is not so affordable!

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 12-07-2013 at 10:54 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post: