View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #59
NoBozo

I think that video was rather misleading at best. It showed many multiple wind turbines seemingly all over the place on Vinalhaven Island. There were at least four or five different Brands AND Types of turbine.

In real life, Vinalhaven has Three 1.5 Mega Watt turbines..TOTAL. They are all the same brand and type. They are intended to supply the island with power. The power was not intended to be exported off the island.

In our case, (Portsmouth, RI,) OUR 1.5 MW Turbine was put on the ballot and the majority won and it was built. It is owned and operated by the town. I posted earlier in this thread about our turbine and it's problems. OUR three year old turbine doesn't make any noise AT ALL..because it's been broke all summer.

On more than one occasion I have stood directly beneath the turbine when it was running at full tilt at max capacity. The hum from a room air conditioner is far more obnoxious.

For some reason it seems to me that the Green Crowd were the ones that wanted the turbine. NOW: I think that same crowd has turned, and want the turbine gone. Just a guess. NB