View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
pontoonbarge

Default Winnipesaukee Stereoscopic Photos, anyone?

Hi All,

I have a small collection of antique stereographs, and some I've made myself. Only have one original of the lake, but thought I'd share. This one's a view from Center Harbor. I am hoping others have some. If not, enjoy this one.

Our antique stereoscope is a little homely but works wonderfully. And people say these new-fangled 3-D TV's are all the rage.... This 3-D stuff's been around for a while!

This one is an old Kilburn -- the Kilburn factory is by a historic marker in Littleton, NH.

I scanned this pretty high resolution, it should print fine and fit in your stereoscope. On this one the weeds really jump out in the foreground.

If anyone has others to share, I'd love to see them.

Pontoonbarge

PS: make your own. Get an out-dated digital camera. Use ebay to find a second one that's the same. Should be cheap. My 3MP cam's work awesome. Get a tripod and a piece of stiff metal or plastic. Drill two holes so that you can mount both cameras so the lenses are about 6-8" apart. +/-... Take some pics and line them up in the stereoscope and say WOW! It's surprisingly easy.
pontoonbarge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pontoonbarge For This Useful Post: