View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 08:47 AM   #23
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
To answer a question above: The sewage goes into a tank that is pumped out as needed so there is no chance of it ever entering the lake. Certainly there is much less of a chance than if someone had a septic tank and a leaching field. There is nothing on that property that in any way jeopardizes the lake.

That's very interesting; I have never heard of this approach for a fully plumbed home, and a quick Google search also yields nothing.

Apart from the question of whether this is legal, does he include all the water from showers, dishes, whirlpool(!), etc in his definition of sewage? If yes, I would have to agree that he's solved the septic issue, at least from an ethical perspective. But it would be extraordinarily expensive to transport all that water. So I wonder

If he NOT does ship include ALL the water he uses off the island by barge, we are back to my earlier post with the link to control water running into the lake.

Untreated shower water and the like is bad for the lake, and I'm grateful to the authorities for their enforcement efforts on this and the other environmental issues raised, such as expanding his footprint and building over public water.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote