View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 11:27 AM   #12
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

So my question become what where you using for a GPS?

I have invested this year in the humminbird Helix 5 system, and am finding it very useful at night, especially when dealing with channels. And have been comfortable using it to navigate those channels in the pitch black and not concern myself with being able to see the markers. For informational purposes I got the Helix 5 unit w/ GPS, and DI sonar, I also purchased the additional Northeast Lakes chip.

With that said, I have spent a lot of time on the water, during the day with this GPS unit building up trust. The markers all show up on the GPS unit itself and I find their placement to my vessel to be fairly accurate....

On the same night as the OP, I zipped right through the six pack with out blinking an eye...

WIth that said the Graveyard is a bit tighter, and I don't think I would have the confidence there, although with the right zoom level I might I would have to play with that some....

With all that said.... the Graveyard at night doesn't sound like fun, even just thinking about, why not go around, and use one of the alternate routes (heading over towards 19 mile bay).... that is far easier to navigate......