View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 09:00 AM   #9
MeredithMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUGMAN View Post
If you have a existing permanent crib dock that needs to be replaced, is that a problem as far as permitting. I once inquired about repairing ,replacing or removing my crib dock and replacing with a seasonal on, I was advised that the value of my property would decrease ( not in the eyes of the tax assessment) and that If you have a crib dock it would be best to repair or replace.
When we bought our place in the summer of 2012, it had a permanent dock. I put in the circulator for the winter and all was fine. We were living in SW CT at the time, so it was a 5 hr ride up here, and we didn't come up for about a month in Feb/Mar. The circulator stopped working and the ice started moving...dock went from a straight finger to a "less than/greater than" sign.

I worked with Watermark to replace it. They initially tried to convince me to go with another permanent dock for the reasons you sight above, (property value; if you abandon permanent now, you'll never get one in the future, etc). I was certain that I wanted a crank-up dock...I didn't want the winter hassle that comes with a permanent one, and I wanted my water's edge to be frozen in the winter for ice access. We went with the crank-up and have never looked back. (and, my property value has certainly NOT decreased...)
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote