View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 11:42 AM   #21
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat_guy64 View Post
Okay, I love chicken Parm. My wife knows that I'll eat chicken parm most nights when we go out. I've been known to do it two nights in a row. That said, I haven't had a bad chicken parm in the lakes region. I have my favorite high end chicken parm and my favorite run of the mill chicken parm. It depends where I'm at.

Here are my favorites. I like all of them but they do have tiers. I have had all of these dining in and take out.

Tier 1. (My favorites)

1. Fratellos
2. Canoe (Never had it prior to Covid.....Now, I've had it maybe 5 times)
3. Lago
4. Giuseppe

Tier 2 (Simpler, yet tasty)
1. T-bones
2. 104 Diner

A whole other category....Subs.
1. Sub Crazy has a killer chicken parm sub and is my favorite

These are my personal favorites and may or may not match some of your favorites. I have not had a chicken parm in the lakes region that I would not eat again.

One other thing.....Since covid, we've done a lot of takeout. More than we've ever done prior. Our bill is about 1/2 when we eat in. (No drinks and rarely a takeout dessert). We do a lot of two-fers on the weekends. (Picking up Friday and Saturday night dinners in the same trip) I've found that chicken parm holds up really well for day 2.
I find that I gravitate to places that make their gravy as close to what I grew up eating. Different areas of Italy made gravy differently. My mother was from an area near Rome so her gravy was always thick and never varied from batch to batch so when I find a place that makes gravy with the same texture and taste it hits the sweet spot.
I'm not a big fan of marinara sauce on chicken parm so if it's made with a light sauce it's not to my liking.
Lago's gravy is pretty close to what I grew up eating!
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote