View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 06:29 AM   #68
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Not to drag up a heated GFBL debate again but I wonder if those that were so against these "big ocean boats" causing damage to the lake are happier with the rise in "Go Slow Big Wave" boats which constantly circle about in the same areas. Seems that the GFBL boat has way less impact as it pretty much goes from point "a" to "B". FWIW
That is very true. I wondered the same thing.

In fact, the GFBL boats were a lot less of a nuisance than the wake boats. A GFBL boat goes by (usually on plane and leaving a much smaller wake) and keeps on going. If they have a stereo the speakers are located down inside the boat (with the intention that the people IN the boat enjoy the music).

Wake board boats seem to get in a particular area and stay, sometimes for hours. While little Skippy and the boat load of friends each take their turn they play loud music through speakers mounted to blast music across the lake, above the sound of the boat. That music (sometimes loaded with profanity) can easily be bothersome to over 100 homes at a time.

I have been sitting on my front deck reading a book when one of the wake board boats decide to play in my area. I have had to go inside to get away from the noise these boats make, mostly from the loud stereos. I never had to do that in the days of the GFBL boats.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: