View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #22
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
If I make a deal like that I and most people I know would buy the materials themselves.I do quite often for my commercial property.
This is the kind of customer I avoid. If you don't trust someone to do the work and provide the agreed upon materials don't hire them to begin with.

Landscaping has so many low-balling fly by night guys that it's best just to leave the little deals alone. One you prove your quality and don't sacrifice your worth to homeowners wanting things for next to nothing it's easy to make money. Many guys don't have that confidence to turn down jobs.

Example: Homeowner #1 gets his lawn mowed and trimmed for $X weekly. Next door homeowner who has 20% larger yard, long driveway with 2X trimming comes along and wants same price. Nope! Don't give away your time and services!

As for customers getting what they paid for, customers who pay the premium prices also get a truck at their house the next morning first thing if they have an issue or concern (and often that same day depending on location).
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote