Thread: Shep Brown's
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 11:11 PM   #45
rick35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
The Gilford Island Association has been very successful in dealing with limited docking for island residents. Bear Islanders should take a look. If Shep's new owners can't cover the overhead, they could go condo. Are you prepared for that? If not, why not? Whining is not preparing. Gilford went through this 40 +/- years ago (early mid- 80's?). It's time for Meredith, don't you think?
Or, you could leave your boat at the island and start a taxi service like we had in the 50's and 60's. Now, there's progress.
The first thing Meredith would need to do is to limit docking and parking for non-Meredith property owners like Gilford does. I don't see that happening as Meredith businesses depend on anyone using their docking and parking. Many of the Mark and Mink people use Sheps or the Cattle Landing instead of using Glendale. But those people are more likely to shop and eat in Meredith so the town welcomes them. That's a sore spot for me as that frequently causes parking issues for me and as a Meredith tax payer the only service I require from the town is a place to park. And I was advised by a Meredith official that I should not have an expectation of having parking available. Really??
rick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rick35 For This Useful Post: