Thread: The Dive
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 01:23 PM   #25
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
I think it is mostly of interest (and dislike) because its godawful butt ugly.

If it were a sleek modern or classic clean design I feel certain more people would embrace it. My example would be the MT Washington, people still love it.

I really dont think it has anything to do with land based or being on the water, its about appearance.

I also understand that some of the the novelty and marketing of the Dive is that it looks like one, but I truly believe it would be far more accepted if it were less eyesore and more visually appealing to the masses. Every time I pass by it I kinda cringe, but once I'm past it, I dont give it a second thought. I just really dont care about it one way or another, but I do know if it were a tad nicer looking I might be a customer. Maybe,,, Just being honest.

As for the Eagle vs. the Turkey, I personally dont care for appearance of either, not attractive birds to me. But then the really stunning birds and not native to North America. I would have picked another animal as our national icon, maybe a bear or horse or Wolf or anything but a Turkey or an Eagle, but thats a whole different debate ;-)
Perhaps the Dive should rent out the "ugly" side walls as Billboards.
Maybe Huggins Hospital or the new LRGH can slap a "smart sign" on the side and advertise the waiting time for their ER? (Ever driven down I-293 in Manchester?)!

Heck I think every Marina on the lake may want to advertise so maybe go 100% digital and let the brightly lit sign keep flashing each advertiser (Again think I-293 in Manchester near the intersection of I-93!
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Outdoorsman For This Useful Post: