View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 02:58 PM   #16
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I don't know why, but this story fascinates me. Here are some of the reviews--for each, the user only has two reviews, one 5-star positive for one place and one 1-star negative for the other. I don't know who started it (the last one, by the owner of Traveling Texas, appears to be the first), but clearly neither has taken the high road!
Some months ago (6+)? I had posted that online reviews (for restaurants at least) were ridiculous. I stated something about how family & friends or fellow employees would post positive reviews and the competition would post negative reviews. A number of people, including restaurant owners, dismissed it as BS. So here we are, some months later, and the courts are involved with such shenanigans

I have not been to either establishment nor do I know anyone involved. I do know that as far as random "internet reviews" go, they get no consideration from me.

Oddly enough though, the reviews from forum members on this site get a great deal of consideration. Reputation, reputation, reputation.
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote