Thread: Private message
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 05:50 PM   #27
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
First off, I drive a Subaru and love it. That said, you are right. I drive route 9 to get to the lake. Inevitably there is a big line of traffic once I get passed the last passing lane. Once i get on 89 I can see the culprit. It always seems to be a Subaru Forester!
Both my wife and daughter are Subaru devotees. When my wife decided to buy her 2015 Outback, she asked me for advice. I told her I trusted her judgement - just go shop around and buy it. Well, she bought a four cylinder and now every time I ride in that car I torment myself because I failed to tell her to at least get a six (I just hate to ride in a car that struggles). Combine the fact that it really needs to work going up hills and that my wife is a slow (she prefers 'cautious') driver leaves me little doubt that she's likely leading some of those long lines. I still do love her however :-) Overall it's been a reliable vehicle though I feel Subaru has had a bit more than their fair share of recalls; more an inconvenience than anything else.

It's interesting to note that based on at least one online source (iseecars.com), Subaru lists five New England states in their top 10 for sales (based on percentage of overall auto sales in those states). The other five are from the Northwest. In this order starting with #1: Vermont (11.3%), Maine (6.5%), New Hampshire (5.8%), Connecticut (4.4%), Colorado, Oregon, Montana, Alaska, Washington, Massachusetts (3.6%). Consumer Reports also rates them as one of their top recommended brands.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote