View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 06:09 AM   #12
glennsteely

Default The story goes like this.....

My Grandparents had their cottage built in 1936 for $3900, or 1939 for $3600, not sure which way it went, and thats the great part of the story!! 100 feet of Sachem's Cove shoreline, on Spindle Point, large wooded lot and an additional lot across the road behind the house. Summers were spent swimming, fishing, climbing Eagle Mountain.....hiking, water skiing, taking naps in the hammok. Summer nights were spent in the breezeway playing "spite and malice," monopoly, or reading a good book. Night fishing off the neighbors dock or night walking around the point with our flashlights. Fireworks at The Weirs, Dinners at Mames, Sundaes from Franken Sundae or Kellerhaus, Lobster Rolls from the Tamerack, boat rides by moonlight, shooting stars and the rare "northern lights".....making friendships for that week or two that someone was renting a cottage for, how bad it hurt to see them go, although you swore you would be friends forever.....now, the cottage is gone, so are my lovely Grandparents, oh, but those memories!! Now there are new ones, of my children, swimming in that cool blue water!! We love the lake, thats for sure!! We will keep coming and coming, every year or two, sometimes twice a year!! Making new memories to last forever!!