Thread: Unbelievable
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #36
paintitredinHC

Default *Almost* Humorous

The rules are established to ensure safety of ourselves and other people who use the public waters. With that being said, I cannot deny that I have bent the rules from time to time. Can you honestly say that you have never bent the rules? Have you rolled through a stop sign, or stayed under 65mph on Rt. 93 on your way up to the lake? Have you ever used two short blasts on your horn as you were overtaking a boat on your starboard side? Please.

My point is; there is a difference between egregious violations of the law, and a small infraction. A boater under the influence and a jet ski jumping the wake of the mount are completely different. (By the way, the mounts’ wake isn’t that large). It appears even Officer Dave is aware of the difference. The author of this article inarticulately and inaccurately depicts the lake as lawless, and a lone MP officer is unable to maintain order on this Wild West lake. I’d happily spend additional tax dollars ensuring better boater education, than fund additional officers.

Furthermore, I take issue with the authors lack of due diligence. Last time I checked, Spindle Point is not anywhere near 3 Mile Island. Also, it’s Hermit Cove, not Hermit’s. This author is the epitome of everything wrong with today’s media. What ever happened to unbiased reporting? The author clearly had a preconceived notion of what he wanted to write, and he forced stories to match that agenda. He did so at the risk of defamation towards largely law abiding, (and loon conscious) HIGH tax paying citizens. The same people he is asking to fund the topic of his agenda. Mr. O’Shea, I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeboro_Baja View Post
Did anyone else see this article in the Sunday Concord Monitor?

On patrol; Cruising Lake Winnipesaukee with the long arm of the law

In the online edition, it's titled "One Man's Plan: A night on Winnipesaukee with the Marine Patrol". Sadly, it's almost humorous to read the article but it does bring up almost everything we complain about here regarding the ignorance and/or out-and-out disregard by some boaters for the boating laws on Winnipesaukee.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paintitredinHC For This Useful Post: