Thread: Unbelievable
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #23
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamatrix View Post
Broadhopper- it is the Lakes Region Power & Sail Squadron that put out the buoys marking the 150 foot distance... not Safe Boaters of NH -which I believe is now defunct. The LRSPS also does free boat safety inspections throughout the lakes region on weekends, to ensure boaters have the correct safety equipment. They also conduct the safe boating classes in locations that include Laconia & Moultonboro libraries, the Suissevale Clubhouse, Southdown Clubhouse, etc., The cost is cheap: only covers the study materials.

We saw a pontoon boat on 7/15 in Meredith that was so overloaded-at least 8 adults, and 6 children who had NO LIFE PRESERVERS ON. What a bunch of dolts. We always see folks doing stupid things, not paying attention, drinking, etc., etc. It is the main reason we do not use our boat after dark in summer. People these days just seem to be rude and have a sense of entitlement.
Hi Donnamatrix, I just want to chime in to correct a false assumption: SBONH is absolutely not defunct. Bob Flannery has recently taken over as President and currently setting next years agenda. We have been active in Concord, most recently trying to get a provision in the budget to make sure the Navigation and Safety fund is strictly a dedicated fund and cannot be raided every time there is a budget deficit. Unfortunately those in control of the legislature do not like having their hands tied by dedicated funds... We will continue to work on that however along with other initiatives. You are correct that SBONH does not put in the 150 markers. I am a member of the LRSPS and I am not 100% sure that we are responsible for those either. I will check and get back to you. As far as Safe Boaters of New Hampshire we have been working behind the scenes on many projects and will have exciting news following the next elections! Stay tuned it will be very interesting!!!