View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 09:07 AM   #105
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton Bay Ace View Post
All of the above are good valid points and in force today; no, you can not add to the back of the house if you are closer than the 50' boundary. It must be the exact same footprint, height, width, etc.

Also, reducing the amount of impervious surfacing is also extremely desirable. We removed all of the asphalt and are replacing it with pervious block walkways and driveway and moved them further from the water line. I would think most would want to do all they can to protect the lake and the purity of the water.

Lastly, the comment about "with enough influence.......", the implication that the rules can be bent for the influential (wealthy? connected?) There is zero evidence that this is the case. We could not add a single square inch of space on our boathouse. It had to remain the same cubic volume (inside measurements) as the old one, period. The state - not the local zoning board - referenced that law and insisted upon it, no deviations whatsoever. We wanted to add some eye-brow windows to it which would not have added any height, width, or depth to the boathouse itself but would have slightly increased the interior volume. This was summarily rejected, even after our engineers and architects argued the point. No go.

We love Winni as much as anyone can and are happy to comply with regulations that protect her pristine waters. They weren't always that way and it took many years to bring it back to the present condition however the law allows one to build whatever their resources allow and their hearts desire, as long as it complies with the regulations.
Thank you for your response.
However- you imply that you are wealthy/connected, and still "could not add a single square inch ..."

Never-the-less- my posts relate to re-zoning- off of Winni. The building part may, or may not, happen later.
Also, "influence" comes in many forms. If you were the judge, how would you sentence your brother? What would the written record show?

If I've not made my point clear, I'm sorry. I don't want to drive this into the ground. It's all very unpleasant to me.
JEEPONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links