View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 02:38 PM   #61
bruinsfan

We've lived in Florida for over 20 years and would come up "home" to NH for a few scattered weeks-months every year.

Florida is nice. Used to be nicer.

Florida is hot. Very hot. It gets old. We lived in Southwest Florida and I can tell you that there were windows in our house that had never been opened....ever since the house was built. Not to mention the ANXIETY every time a hurricane passes through and you have to get things fixed or rebuilt.

I hated the thought of losing everything as result of a storm; and no, insurance doesn't pay out like it used to. You can thank Hurricane Andrew (1992) for that.

The flat scenery gets old. As does the beach and the same strip shopping centers one right after the other. You can only shop so much.

If you're into fishing, it's great. Everyone has a boat. Everyone.

If you enjoy boating on Lake Winni on a 4th of July weekend, you’ll love boating in Florida year round.

If you're a golfer and not willing to join a club, be ok with golfing in the summer; winter is for those with money to waste. Public courses as well. Tee times are crowded as is the course....move along and play fast.

We couldn't wait to get back to NH for good. We can actually enjoy Florida now that we only "visit" for 5 or 6 weeks every year. We go when and where we want and enjoy the different parts of the state.

That's my two cents. Good luck!

Last edited by bruinsfan; 02-09-2021 at 05:31 PM. Reason: spelling
bruinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bruinsfan For This Useful Post: