View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 11:45 AM   #120
4 for Boating

Default Trex

Maybe this will help – we did our deck over with Trex a couple of years ago.
>>> Lowes sells this but it carries different levels of quality – if “flex” of the board is not an issue then the Enhanced line (thinner – carved out underside) will be the most cost effective. We went with the Select line as it was thicker and stiffer. (I believe the highest end Transcend line is also the same thickness as Select line but you are paying for a better looking (visual) and less prone to scratching plank). If you are going to do any type of boarder that is different color you will need to make sure you buy the same line or the height will be different where they meet. Enhanced is not the same thickness as Select and Transcend.

>>> Now to cost, I think you will find Lowes hard to beat for Trex IF you are ok with one of the stock colors they have as they buy in bulk and have sales on them. In other words, they only stock a couple of different colors to put in stores – if you like that color = great deal when on sale if you want something else, maybe not so much…

>>> Lastly – the boards were grooved on the sides to support the hidden fasteners (which were great) and then full square (no grooves) Lave Rock planks for the boarder.

This is what I recall but best to do your own investigation as you are doing…
We are very happy with the Trex Select Saddle Brown (sale at Lowes for ~$3 per foot) and a border of Transcend Lave Rock which was expensive but looks great.
4 for Boating is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4 for Boating For This Useful Post: