View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 04:16 PM   #68
Wolfeboro_Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
This was short lived however because the 3rd weekend of June when I was prepping her for Virginia I suddenly had some power loss issues with oil coming out the intake of the supercharger.. Needless to say I wasn't happy.
Quote:
Well we think it will be the same engine. 500 EFI. however I removed the supercharger. Although I liked going 87mph, I would prefer having longevity and dependability on the engine year to year....
I wonder if the oil coming out of your supercharger was the lube oil from the supercharger?!? Maybe your engine isn't as far gone as it looks!! Good luck with the rebuild; I'm looking forward to seeing some hot graphics on that hull!!

Quote:
Yup I've seen those.. Gorgeous engine.... Why not add a whipple and surface drive while we are at it?
No Whipple; remember, engine longevity is the goal!! Besides, that Mercruiser 1075 already has 2 twin-screw superchargers on it; three would be overkill!! Now, about the surface piercing drive?? Definitely a plus to have!! If I could afford it, I'd have an Arneson surface drive on my Baja! Everything I've read says a surface drive really delivers when it comes to fuel savings and adding to your top end speed!