View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 12:17 PM   #79
nj2nh

Default North Massachusetts?

Okay, I don't care one way or the other about the smoking ban since the only beach I sit on is the one in my backyard. I never smoked, but whether you smoke or not is none of my business. I am happy to move if it bothers me. Really.

However, I am getting pretty darn tired of the NH residents picking on Massachusetts. I mean, I didn't choose to grow up in MA, but I will defend it to the end. NH is my location of choice, but not because of Live Free or Die. Really, come on. Enough already.

Of course, you notice that I live in NJ which is cleary the state that gets more abuse than any other. I chose to live here (sort of - husband came from here, had a job here, we ended up here), but am waiting for the day I can move north - way north. Really, MA looks great compared to Jersey with the ridiculous taxes, unending regulation on everything from whether I have to have a metal or a wooden door between by basement and garage to the number of water bottles put out at a Board of Ed meeting (I kid you not) and unrepaired potholes that stay for years and years and years simply because there aren't enough houses on the street to justify fixing it.

And, we have NY next door.

So, NH, make peace with Massachusetts as your neighbor. I would bet most of your tourist dollars come from just south of the border. And stop calling yourself North Massachusetts . You are sooooo not Massachusetts (for good or for ill).

Of course, I say this all with my tongue firmly in my cheek. I love these controversial threads! So much fun.

nj2nh