View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 05:47 PM   #62
KTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by M/V_Bear_II View Post
Inside. Those links don't apply in this case.
Fair enough. According to a recent Tufts University School of Medicine study: "under some conditions, outdoor levels of tobacco smoke (OTS) can be as high as indoor levels of secondhand smoke (SHS)."

And while being indoors with secondhand smoke is clearly worse than being outside, any amount of secondhand smoking isn't healthy.

I really don't care if people smoke. I'm not personally bashing smokers here, I'm bashing smoking in public. It is terrible to have to walk down the sidewalk and hold your breath or sit on a beach as the smoke drifts your way. Not only is it a pleasant scent, it isn't good for your health. If you can smell it, it's affecting you in some way.

Also, AW, I'm not making a personal attack on you or your post. I'm simply trying to argue my side of the point. Just as you are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine.

To everyone, do a Google search. Hundreds of places across the nation and the world are banning smoking in public places with little opposition. Unfortunately for Americans, we have a hard time of breaking habits that we were so comfortably accustomed to.

Perhaps if EVERYONE realized that just because they were addicted to their smokes, the people around them aren't necessarily in the same boat. All smokers should always put out their cigarettes in public where there is another person besides themselves, out of respect for the non-smoker. But hey, smoke all you want when nobody is around! I'm not offended.

Source:
http://www.repace.com/pdf/OTS_FACT_SHEET.pdf
KTO is offline   Reply With Quote