View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 10:56 PM   #53
Argie's Wife

KTO - my post wasn't directed at "you" - and I'm sorry if it bothered you but I think you're missing the point... I did say "no offence intended". By the energy you put into your response, you come across as offended and I am sorry again if my post got your dander up...

It's more about the taking away of choice - by government - than anything else.

You could apply my arguments to anything else that's "shared in the air" - car exhaust, bbq grill smoke, campfire smoke, whatever. (I know someone who get nauseated by the smell of coffee - so should it be outlawed?)

What if it was your choice or freedom that was being taken away and suddenly made the issue? What then? What if it was something that *you* liked or preferred or maybe (gasp!) was even addicted to? (Put the shoe on the other foot, theory...)

I'm the first to acknowledge that smoking is bad for you and those around you but I'm also aware that these laws affect a part of our society and lead me to wonder what the government will go after *next*... Right now, this doesn't affect me directly (or you, according to your post)... but what could be next? Oh, consider the possibilities and ask, "Why think for myself anymore; the government will tell me how to live!" (Uh, no thanks!)

Just some food for thought...

Peace.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote