View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 01:28 PM   #2
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie T View Post
I'm looking for a reliable HVAC contractor to perform a replacement of a old Oil boiler with a new 3 pass boiler. I'm looking at the Weil Mclain Ultra Oil boiler or the Buderus G115w boiler. I was interested in the Burnham 3 pass units as well but pre sales info request from Burnham was met with rude responses from the factory so I'm leaving them out of the mix.

I'm also looking at a "direct vent" option using a Riello burner as a way to get rid of the power vent I have now. No chimney is available. I'd welcome replies from anyone who has installed a direct vent oil system in the past few years.

I'm in Gilford. Any response it welcome.

Thanks

Charlie T
I had a buddy of mine replace my boiler about 4 years ago. He told me to stay away from Burnham. He said they have so many more issues than many of the others. He also told me to go with a Carlin burner over a Becket. I took his advice and have had no issues but I have a chimney not a power vent.
I went with an HB Smith boiler because I needed a side clean out due to space constraints, it's in a crawl space.
I wish I could help you out on a contractor. I get my oil from Stafford Oil and I know they install boilers.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post: