View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 12:21 PM   #5
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
It sounds like you are going to have to settle for something less than what you already had. Not to dig the knife in any deeper but I would love to have had your problems on Newfound Lake.
Good luck with you're search. It's a sellers market right now.
In hind site I would too. But I didn't get into all the problems.

Road to it was steep and would wash out every moderate T-Storm. I had a tractor to fix it, and could fix it in 20 minutes. We could have paved the road but it would be expensive. And was concerned it would feel to residential.

Because it was a on south cove I'd haul 3-5 trailer loads (5k lbs Gross wt trailer) from Ice out to middle of June. A lot of work. Often spent half my weekend hauling stuff away.

It was a 3 level house (Washroom in Finished Cellar and Bedrooms on 2nd floor). And another level (and a half) to the water. My wife is slightly handy capped. She managed it, but it was a lot. We had a golf cart she could use to get from cellar level down to water.

We could not have garage. Cars covered in sap and pine needles got old. Even a car port would have been tricky on this site. You had to back down the steep road to get out. Which was a compromise and that was never an issue for us or guests.

Septic was newish (1996, same as house) but not state approved. And labeled as 2 Bedroom seasonal by the state. We lost a buyer because of that (we didn't even know until we got the septic review). But next buyer accepted it.

Property also had a very old boathouse which was cool. I used it for storage because there was just no place to put stuff.

I could launch my boat from the property which was feature nice too. 230 ft frontage. 120 was sandy and gradual and all sand everywhere. Never needed to bring in sand.

Taxes as I said were high.

Sun was limited. To get that sunset for 2 month I mentioned above, my neighbor allowed me to put my dock right up to their property line. That added about 2 weeks on either side, helped a lot. With out that sunset hit our property about 4 weeks year. And sun would go out at maybe 6pm and come back.

But in hind site, I wish we kept it. We didn't know what it would sell for. Nervous about committing to something new before selling.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links