Thread: Solar?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 12:20 PM   #14
Shreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I have electric baseboard and have struggled with the decision to change it out for many reasons: it's clean and doesn't exacerbate my wife's allergies, it's fast, it's silent, it's zero maintenance, and, most of all, is best with our wood stove given the independent thermostats.

If cost were my first requirement, though, I'd definitely look to a heat pump and, once getting those electric demands as low as possible, solar.

I've never gotten great numbers to compare to, but we pay $260/mth. year-round for a 2,200 ft² split with an all-electric house with AC. NG is at the street, though, and we have ductwork in the attic, so I've been thinking...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Valid points as well that I've considered. I have a soapstone stove in the basement which I like. I can't get away with running just one mini-split upstairs since I need the downstairs heated as well. Getting rid of baseboard might sound like the reasonable option at first glance but I don't think it outweighs the benefit of solar given all the factors. That's coming from someone who'd never really contemplated solar and doesn't care for the thought of panels on my roof.