View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 12:22 PM   #6
SAB1

I've done both. I like cutting and splitting wood but man that takes a lot of time to which I don't always have. Overall I say the pellets are less work but they do create there own mess with dust just as a wood stove does as well hauling wood into the house. The nice thing about the pellets is you can toss a bag or two in the hopper and take off the day, even overnight if you have an hopper extension, and it takes care of itself. That is nice. You do need back up power though. Propane tends to be expensive so I save a bit in NH. I have natural gas in Mass and honestly for the price of pellets heating with natural gas isn't going to cost me much more now a days. Pellets can be stored outside but trudging out in the snow to get them isn't always fun. If you have a wood stove IMO I would stick with it. Pellet stoves are not cheap and then you would likely have to buy some piping etc to hook it up. On a cold morning when you step outside the door nothing smells as good as a wood stove............except the bacon your neighbor is frying...........
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SAB1 For This Useful Post: