View Single Post
Old 07-01-2021, 09:04 PM   #34
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
Sal's is great, but I was there yesterday and he was pretty cranky. He's not open on Wednesdays, ( I figured this out yesterday) but was there getting the display cases loaded. There was a guy getting fish, so I got in line, I figured it was open. Then Sal, or maybe it was his son, it was the younger guy, comes in with an armful of fish and starts ragging on the gentleman who was serving the guy in front of me about having to get the fish unloaded. Didn't say a word to me about not being open after looking at me, which was odd, but what ever.

I still didn't get they weren't open, but the guy starts unloading fish. So after it was obvious he wasn't going to ask me what I wanted I asked him if I could get some salmon. He said he didn't have time, he was nice about it, so I asked him if they were open. He said no, they were loading for tomorrow and they are open on Thursday and Friday. So I was a little peeved, he could have told me that before I wasted five minutes of my life standing in line, but whatever, he did apologize.

So remember this if you are there on Wednesday and see them there, they are not open. Also, this is not rocket science, but a closed sign on his display case would have certainly been appropriate, I would have seen it and turned around, and Sal or whoever it was would have saved himself a mini-hissy fit.
Sounds like you can't buy FRESH fish if you go in there on a Thursday. Likely every other day also. Both good reasons NOT to go there.

Imagine, loading fresh fish on a Wednesday, and not selling it until a day later?

What's wrong with this picture?
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote