Thread: Snow?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #41
PaugusBayFireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
thank you Sir,
from what I am hearing down here and other sites I am looking at this afternooon into tomorrow is where the accumulation will come from
keep us updated
I am worried about my roof given the past amounts of heavy wet stuff and then this storm
I can tell you that around Paugus Bay we have had melting snow since the last storm ended. I have a shingled roof and even the side that doesn't get sun has less than 4" on it. The snow roofs on our property, with steeper slopes, had no snow on them as of last night. The snow has been in a pretty constant state of melting. Had the temps plummeted I would have worried about ice dams, but there's no chance of that with moderating temps above freezing. The foreseeable forecast has temps above freezing during the day with lows at night in the upper 20's. I wouldn't worry about your roof with the amount of melting that we'll see in the next few days. I haven't had to use my ice bubbler for 4 days!

Last edited by PaugusBayFireFighter; 02-27-2013 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Impropper speling !
PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote