View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 11:06 PM   #5
SummerIslander

Default Try good used boat - cheaper

Welcome to the forums. My family has owned a range of powerboats over the decades, including trailer boats, and having seen the weekly rental prices, the economics of renting for just 2 weeks a year ($3-$5K) are not good.

Consider used instead, so many good boats at good prices if you look around. here's what I would consider a great affordable used boat right there at Irwin. Good deal at only $5300 if mechanically sound, with acceptable trailer no less. https://irwinmarine.com/inventory/us...-175-bowrider/ Add a 4-blade aluminum prop and get plenty of zip. There are several other pretty nice boats listed there in the $10K range also.

After 2 seasons it would be cheaper than renting. If you decide then that you want something different, you can still sell it for 80% of this price if running well, it's already mostly depreciated so best possible value. You can get it prepped and shrink-wrapped for winter and maybe park at your cabin, lowest cost and hassle.

(disclaimer: I have no relationship or interest in Irwin. Our only transaction with Irwin was our first boat 48 years ago, but that adventure was long ago and far away ...)

Hope that helps, good luck and happy boating!
SummerIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SummerIslander For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links