View Single Post
Old 08-29-2022, 02:45 PM   #69
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
We went to the Breeze Thursday night. It was packed, but we lucked out at the bar. Fantastic service all around, and very good food. Had I seen it earlier, it might have saved me some time at other restaurants. I had the duck, she had the seafood saffron. Both delicious, although the seafood could have used less saffron. Great addition around that locale.

Never made it to Pops, either closed one day and blocked by a truck another.

Misses. Went to the Union Diner. I can't say I've ever had bland food at a diner, but man, this was bland. Meat lover's Benedict. The meat was, well, lacking. Very mediocre all around. Not headed back there.

We were starved and gave in to the Weathervane. I had whole belly clams. They were ok, Cole slaw is horrible.

O's Steak. Nice place, staff shortage apparent. Ribeye is very good, but I'd not place O's in the most memorable category for me. Nothing bad, except slow. Just not a lasting memory.

Harts. Because, well I have to. Good as usual.

Patrick's. Pretty good, nothing special. Good service.

For some tips at the Whining Butcher. They were very good. I use prime sirloin at home and marinate overbite. Mine were a bit better, and cheaper.

Sawyers. Food's not too bad, whining butcher Hamburg is like eating a hockey puck. Great service though.

I might add that The Breeze and Harts were full of staff, busy as all heck. Both restaurants had exceptional service.
Can't help but wonder if O's staff shortage = Birch and Vine poaching.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote