View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 07:42 PM   #98
Boatbottom952
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post
I think they generally are except in the biased opinions of others. I don't mean that in an accusatory way - we all have bias.

Imagine for a minute that you are running this site. Every day there are conflicting opinions and, at times, downright nasty commentary. As the moderator, you have your goal of what the forum will represent. That's your bias. At some point, things go too far down the rabbit hole (in your opinion which is your right) and threaten your whole reason for running the site. You are patient but eventually you need to raise a flag. What is wrong with that?

In this case, it sounds like a rightful and gentle request was made by the moderator that got blown out of proportion and instead of moving on, a debate ensues accusing the moderator of this and Baygo of that.

The moderator had a right to ask for some restraint and Baygo had a right to leave. Neither of them were wrong in taking the actions they did and, at the end of the day, your and my or any other forum reader's bias, perceived or otherwise, don't matter. That's when it's time to move on instead of forever pushing one's agenda.

Here's the main point of my post. I've been a reader since 2015. It seems the constant discourse has significantly increased on many topics over the last few years. How long do you think it will be before our Moderator chooses to throw in the towel?

What has so Drastically changed since 2015, that has changed everyone? I agree, people are much more angry then they used to be, and it's quite obvious.