View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 08:53 AM   #19
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
I've actually been doing a lot behind the scenes this week to slow down a few trolls and other members who were turning what could be productive threads into political battlegrounds and bickering. I can't eliminate all politics and bickering but I think things have improved in the last week.

After some digging it appears that lakeporter65 did have at least 4 aliases in the past. All are now closely moderated and visitor messaging has been disabled.

My hope when I opened the COVID-19 area of the forum that, like the rest of this site, it would be mostly limited to how it was affecting Lakes Region businesses, activities, residents and visitors. If you want to make political statements this is really the wrong place for that. We should be able to have discussions and exchange information on this forum without the political animus. There are plenty of other sites for that.

Please help by keeping your comments within the context of the Lakes Region whenever possible. I can see that most of you are trying to do that while a few trolls unfortunately get all the attention.
You're doing a great job, thanks!
I know of 3 aliases, but I NEED to know the 4th!
One question, though: why heavily moderated rather than removed?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote