View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 12:41 PM   #25
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamper View Post
Also... Many years ago my father told me he knew someone who was doing extended travel and missed his inspection date. He wrote an explanation letter to the Director of the Dept of Safety explaining the situation and received a waiver that was good for so many days after his estimated date of return. I do not know if this is something they will still do and my father used to know a lot of folks with 'connections' so it my not be possible for us regular folks.
I was a New Hampshire resident and active duty Navy, stationed at various times in Maine, California and Florida, with at least one vehicle registered in New Hampshire wherever I was. Shortly after my last active duty assignment in Florida, I was driving in New Hampshire on I-93 north, slowing down to leave the highway at Exit 22. There was a New Hampshire state police officer there for a construction detail, and he waved me over when he saw my extremely overdue inspection decal. I told him that I had just left active military service, showed him my new reservist ID card, and explained that the vehicle had been out of New Hampshire for an extended period of time. He thanked me for my service, asked me to get the vehicle inspected when I next had a chance, and sent me on my way.
P-3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to P-3 Guy For This Useful Post: