View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 10:03 PM   #13
8gv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Gourmand View Post
This could be an issue for my wife, I will be on Medicare, she will not be. Any idea if the private insurance rates are higher in NH or FL?

HEALTH INSURANCE

I am about to find that out now.

My individual group plan (all us folks buying for ourselves and not through a job) was $1,360/month plus a $11,000 deductable. We have four people, ages 57,56,22 and 18 on the plan.We have yet to have a year when we did not spend all of the deductible (HSA account that is). The insurance company gets us their low negotiated rates for the bills so that helps.

This plan is based in CT. Next year it will be in NH. I will look in to health insurance in FL but only if the company pays for services in NH as well. We will be in NH most of the year and wifey prefers to have local doctors.

CAR INSURANCE AND REGISTRATIONS:

We have two cars in FL. Both are registered and insured in FL. We have two registered and insured in CT. After the first of January they will be registered and insured in NH.

I have had Met Life for all of them. Their rates kept creeping inspite of zero claims and no tickets. We just recently changed the FL cars to Progessive. For the same policy limits, Progressive charges 60% of what Met Life was getting.
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote