Thread: Best Prime Rib?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 08:50 AM   #35
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
"Back in the day", late 60's, my father, who at that time worked in Methuen, would very occasionally take the family out to dinner either to Bishops or if we wanted seafood "The Ship" restaurant in Lynnfield. Both of those restaurants were considered excellent back then and was a real treat to go! Don't know what happened to or when the Ship closed down but it was there for many many years, I think since the late 30's...

All good memories!

Dan
Having been born in south Lawrence, we were very familiar with Bishops. My mother was of Lebanese descent ((Bishops was also known for its Middle Easern cuisine) it seems each time we went, it was for that cuisine rather than beef. We also had Butcher Boy Steakhouse it beef was craved! I recall a family meal where we took my Canadian wife’s family to the Butcher Boy and thy were all amazed by the prime rib which they had never heard of in Canada! They were in beef heaven! For seafood it was always “the beach” where we always dined at Brown’s (in the rough) where you BYOB or Markey’s across the street to dine on the outside deck above the tidal river. Fun times!
Hillcountry is online now   Reply With Quote