View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 01:19 PM   #3
ILoveWinnipesaukee

Default Will retire in the area, hopefully

My grandparents spend winters in Florida and summered on Lake Winnipesaukee. mostly staying in rental houses that they rented for the whole summer. When my parents began coming to the lake, they would stay for several weeks at a time at the Margate. I spend many summers there at the Margate until it became too commercialized and we moved over to the Silver Sands motel cottages. We stayed there several weeks at a time during the summers from about 1968 to 1976. My mother passed away in 1976 and we moved away to Texas.

I moved back to New Endland and make annual trips up to the lake during all times of the year. Mainly coming up for the fall foliage trips on M/S Mt. Washington. The area has not changed much in my lifetime, except for the addition of many new condos and the beautiful addition of the Mills Falls complex in Meredith.

I am now 50 and will continue my yearly trips up to the lake until the time I am able to retire from work, then I will find a place to call my home for my retirement. I feel so at peace at the lake, I know this is the only place I will retire.
ILoveWinnipesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote