View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 09:39 PM   #23
LongBay

Default The Weirs will remain the same until...

The Weirs will remain the same until the next monsoon comes and all the rain water comes gushing down the street as a result from all the developers who think progress is tearing down every tree in sight and replacing it with hot top. Maybe this will be a good thing ... maybe a bad...I guess it depends on how you look at...IMO it will be natures revenge against ugliness!

BTW: The Laconia town planners have it in for those who like good old New England Towns. Look what they did when Laconia Center was "re-developed"...one big ugly parking garage in the middle of a bunch of historic mill buildings. And now look what they are allowing the WoW trail enthusiast do...spoil the scenic shores of Paugus and Meredith Bay with their ugly chain linked fences, giant cement retaining walls and asphalt paths. I wonder who will pay for the repairs when the next monsoon ravages through the lakes region again. It certainly won't be the City of Laconia, they are still pointing the fingers down in Capitol Hill trying to get them to cough up the money. I sure hope Scott Brown votes no on this one, why should all US tax payers cough up the money for bad town planning and developers who don't understand you can't pave a mountain side with cement and tar.
LongBay is offline   Reply With Quote