View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 12:29 PM   #24
Biggd

Thanked 1,071 Times in 676 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced06GTO View Post
I love hearing the history on places like this. My family has a cottage on Upper Suncook Lake in Barnstead that my grandparents built back in 1965. It is still in the family, but split between many aunts/uncles/cousins and when my father passed away back in 2012 at 53, I kind of lost the desire to go back there as it was usually the two of us who upkept the place and had many memories there.

I really wish I was in a better position to move on a place like this, but my wife and I are expecting child number 3 this July and it would probably be unwise to jump into this right now. If we were a few years down the road I would be skating accross whats left of the ice to put in an offer!!
Congratulation on child #3. When my kids were young we started out with a 19' travel trailer because at the time that's all we could afford. We managed to spend many times at different campsites along different lakes and rivers. We have fond memories of those camping years before we could afford our own place. You do what you have to do when the kids are young and they will have fond memories too.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote