View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 02:05 PM   #24
HellRaZoR004

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeErieFishing View Post
I'll jump ahead - if they do show hot, what is the cause? The manifolds and risers aren't very old, not many hours (under 100), and only in fresh water. Would the water circulating pump on the front of the engine be faulty? I'll see what happens when I pull the thermostat as well.

As for the engine temp, I can be on the lake or on a hose and it shows hot after 5 to 10 minutes. It usually starts jumping up. It's not a slow climb. Its shows 1/4 into the green, then all at once jumps up into high green or into the red. On the hose is appears lots of water is being sucked through - a lot is coming out the exhaust and prop hub when the engine shows hot. The manifolds and risers are hot to touch, but that might be normal?
How hot to the touch are we talking? Are you able to keep your hands on the elbows? If you can't then you're not getting enough water flow to cool the engine. The temp gauge is only green/red, i.e. no digits?

It's possible the sensor is bad, but if the manifolds/risers/elbows are to hot to touch then I doubt the sensor is the problem.
HellRaZoR004 is offline   Reply With Quote