View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 06:32 AM   #86
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonguy View Post
Amerigas owns the tanks for my gas. I wonder how difficult it would be to swap them out or buy them. The large tank is about 30 years old so arguably the price to buy it should be low. The two smaller tanks were just installed in last Fall. All were just filled which complicates the swap and pricing issues. I also wonder if there is a way to piggyback onto the Suissevalle deal.
Hi loonguy I'm not sure how many are in the Amerigas setup with Suissevale but there's probably a few hundred homes in the entire association so I'm guessing it's a pretty good amount. I know it's not uncommon when I'm up there this time of the year to see one of their trucks driving down a street. Far as a company owned tank getting someone else to deliver will be an issue. When I was concerned about getting to low this winter I got an account going with Rymes and the first thing they asked was if the tank was owned by me. The woman stated it's "illegal" for them to deliver to it if it's owned by another company. Personally I'd look into taking ownership myself but that's just my opinion. Don't have the amount right in front of me but I (think) Rymes was something like 2.50 - 2.60 when I got the delivery. Over a dollar more a gallon still beats running out!!
I know I didn't pay over 3.00 that I would remember.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote