View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 03:25 PM   #17
mowtorman

Default Renters and guests

Waterfront means rentals. I know the owner of a rental property in Alton. Went to work on a boat and there were 6 out of state cars and about 30 people. So much for the septic haha. Nate unless you are baiting some harsh responses I assume you are discussing neighborhood and schools with your realtor. If you gave a specific location people might have better information. Waterfront can be very stable or very transient. The most stable properties are in trust, just look at a Gilford tax map including the islands. Norway Point was in trust at least 60 years. People buy in booms and sell in busts. Knew a man years ago who owned for 25 years and had a major stroke in April of the summer of his retirement. The property was listed in June. I know 2 brothers who took their mother's inheritance and bought 2 properties between Cooks and Avery Points. They stayed maybe a week in each house
each summer and rented the rest. These were single family summer residences prior. Last time I was in Balmoral there were established ATV paths next to the road and the welcome wagon was a group of teenagers giving us the finger and swearing at us as we drove by. Point is I hope you buy based on what works for your family for the foreseeable future, not your neighbors as they may be gone before you know it. Good luck you are in a great position!
mowtorman is offline   Reply With Quote