View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 06:08 AM   #17
fatlazyless

A new or a used car comes with 20-day license plates, issued by the dealer, and it doesn't make any difference what NH town you reside in as long as you have a NH driver's license with a NH address because a car dealer will be happy to sell the car and issue a 20-day paper license plate.

Cars sellers in Massachusetts, Maine or Vermont DO NOT issue 20-day NH temporary license plates. Only a NH car seller can issue a NH 20-day paper plate. One needs to get a NH license plate(s) from your NH town clerk.

Last December I had a big problem getting a license plate for a small boat trailer that I purchased and had to go back and forth between Meredith and Waterville Valley to their town clerks, and was able to get a license plate in Meredith. There's no such thing as a NH 20-day temporary paper plate for a used boat trailer?

Two months later, now in February, I suspect I will have big trouble getting a car registered in either town right now until I get my residency accepted by either one town or the other?

Where do I reside?

So's before I can go buy any car and get it registered I need to go through the resident application process and hopefully the old Scion xB will continue to keep going ....... rolling along ..... in 5th gear ..... got that Bob Dylan cd happening ....... with that Bob Dylan voice ...... however you describe that voice ...... the answer my friend is a-blow'n in the wind .....onward through the winter cold??? ..... and a correct legal residency ..... and then a replacement car and license plates?

It makes no sense to buy a car if it can't get a license plate?

And a broke down car that will not go is about as useful as a broken snowblower after a deep snow fall! ......

Anyone know of any stories where someone buys a very nice, expensive new car and has to leave it parked in their garage for six months or sometime, after the 20-day paper plate expires, because their NH town clerk wouldn't issue a NH license plate to them, until they went through the town residency process?

Are some town clerks tougher with this license plate issue than the town clerk in some other NH town?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 02-12-2021 at 03:55 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote