View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 06:46 PM   #15
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Ok, so what I drive is a 2013 Scion xB 5-speed w/ 218,000-miles and have to add 3/4 to 1 qt oil to engine with each and every 11-gal gasoline fill-up. Just spent $357 at Walmart for four new Viva-3 tires and an oil change, and figure this Scion will probably maybe hopefully keep going to 250,000-miles despite the defective engine with the oil consumption. This oil consumption problem has been happening since day one, purchased new from Irwin Toyota in beautiful Laconia, NH in May 2014.

My question: Am looking to trade the Scion in towards a 2016 Suburu Forester 6-speed 95k miles.

Can I expect this Suburu Forester to go from the now 95k all the way to 250k in the next five years time with same reliability as the Scion?

It does in fact have a timing chain as opposed to a belt inside the engine.

Are problems with the all-wheel drive likely to happen?

Any known problems with this Suburu Forester model?

Have heard that one issue is when one tire gets damaged, then you end up having to buy all four new tires to keep it driving smooth?
FLL: Your best bet may be to go to: www.SubaruForester.org

I believe any and all of your questions will be able to be answered there! This is an owners forum set up for complaints, compliments, questions, and answers.
TheTimeTraveler is online now   Reply With Quote