View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 12:44 PM   #49
WillyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilproject View Post
Since you have the back channel to management use it again. I would suspect that your problem is the K factor in the degree day system. If your home is new or you are a new owner, a guess K factor or the old home owners K factor is being used. You as a new owner are using far more propane per degree day than anticipated by the guess or more than the prior owner of the home. In my 20 years at Suburban we would not assign a k factor to a new customer until after 18 months of service to the account. Instead we would assign a period interval say 4 weeks between delivery. This system is less efficient in terms of percent of capacity delivered but avoids a costly "out of gas" call on the weekend or night, not to mention a pissed off new customer. The K factor is determined by the number of degree days divided by the gallons used in that period of degree days. The number of degree days for each 24 hour period is entered into the computer. The computer then multiplies the days by the K factor to get gallons used. When your account reaches a percentage of your tanks capacity it is printed out (uploaded to a drivers computer) for delivery.
Based on your known interval of reaching 20% of your tank capacity ask that you be placed on interval delivery for the rest of the winter.
Thanks, good insights, and makes sense. Unfortunately, even when I call and nag, and update all the tank level info diligently, they still are unable to deliver. I can ask about interval delivery, but it seems like there's a bigger problem downstream in their process, since they can't even expedite a delivery when I'm out of fuel. Amerigas central systems confirm that I'm low. e.g. It currently says my "reserve date" (the date by which they aim to have a delivery en-route) is yesterday. But still no delivery scheduled.
WillyK is offline   Reply With Quote